NEW RIDER COURSE
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation has updated their curriculum to maximize time on the bikes. With the newly designed curriculum, a 3-hour online eCourse is required and must be completed from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's website. The eCourse allows for a self-paced, relaxed learning environment from home. The eCourse includes several quizzes which meet Texas DPS written test requirements.
The cost of the eCourse is included in your registration fee. We will send you registration instructions for the eCourse on the MSF website. The eCourse must be completed within the window of 30 days prior to your first class. Once completed, please print a certificate and bring it to your first class. Please note - Texas DPS requires that you bring the eCourse completion certificate with you for the first day of class. You will not be allowed to take the class without this certificate.
When you take a New Rider Course at our Desperado H-D Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn a strategy for riding safely and managing/reducing the risks associated with motorcycle operation.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
FIND A CLASS